Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I Said Yes!!!!



Holy buckets this entire love story has been absolutely amazing. I couldn't be happier. 

As most of you know, Luke and I met while I was doing a Discipleship Training School in Kansas City MO. We started dating three days after I graduated. It has been the most romantic God filled relationship I could have ever hoped for. I will not go into the details of our love story today. I will save that novel for another time. 

Sit back, relax and grab some Kleenex. Here are the details of our engagement. 

Luke came up last week to spend time getting to know my family and friends. I knew he was going to ask me to marry him; I just didn't know when or how. Going into this past week he told me he was leaving Monday afternoon. I figured if he didn't propose to me by then that he was going to do it that day. Come Monday he still had not popped the question. He woke me up and brought me upstairs where he had made me breakfast. He knows me so well and knows how much I love to eat healthy. So he had a banana, yogurt and apples with peanut butter and homemade granola on them. Sooo good. I was fully expecting the ring right then and there, but nope nothing. After breakfast I was getting ready for the day when he came into my room and told me he had a surprise. He said he had arranged for my mom and I to have dinner at a really nice restaurant in Minneapolis. He wasn't fooling anyone. I figured he would surprise me at the restaurant. We said our goodbyes or as we call them our "see you laters". I started getting ready for dinner. After I was all dressed up we left and were on our way. He called my mom and told her that he had left a surprise for me at my best friends house. I figured it was flowers or something he wanted me to wear to dinner. We pulled up to my friends house and I walked up to the door. Now this is my home away from home. So naturally I don't knock I just walk in. I opened up the front door and immediately noticed a path of rose peddles leading from the door to the sun room. I followed them into the sun room to find a bouquet of roses, a little white box on the table and Luke standing there all dressed up. I yelled at him and told him he was a fibber. I through my arms around him and felt how much he was shaking. OMG so cute!!! He looked at me and for the first time ever told me that he loved me! Me being me....I responded with a....aw I like you a lot. He then told me when he first started loving me and why he loves me. To be honest I don't remember a thing he said. I was a little distracted by the white box and secretly hoping to see him cry. He got down on one knee and asked me to be his WIFE. He made sure to enunciate the word wife because when he asked me to be his girlfriend he wasn't fully clear on what he was asking. He wanted me to be more then a girlfriend but less then a wife. There is no term for that so he was having a hard time finding the right words, and of course I ate it all up and was joking about it. My response to him asking me out was "wait..so what are you asking me". LOL yes I'm a little mean. So when he asked me to be his wife of course my response was "ill think about it". So i thought about it for about 1.5 seconds and said YES!!!! 

He had my friends dad capture the entire thing on camera and knew to use my whole name!! It was perfect. My parents, my best friend and her parents were all there dying to come in and congratulate us. After words they prayed over us and our marriage. It was so perfect, but the night was just beginning. We still had that surprise dinner to get to. He made reservations for the best restaurant in Minneapolis called the Eatery. It was amazing!! We walked in and gave them our name. They said "oh Luke? Your table is on the second floor, we have a table by the window all set up for you and they are expecting you". Wow, they were so cute. You could tell they knew it was our engagement day. We got complimentary champagne and everyone congratulated us. We tried a few things on the menu. Crab salad, lamb chops, steak, deep fried cauliflower and a great bottle of wine. Mmmmm mmmmm good!!! 

He also had notes written by his parents addressed to me. They wrote about how much they love me and are so happy for us. They talked about how this was the moment they have been praying for for years. It was too sweet. 

But wait there is more!!!

When we got home there was one more surprise waiting for me. He (with the help of my mom) had a nice romantic surprise waiting for me. I walk into our sun room and find my mom's unity candle from her wedding lit along side a heart shaped cake and a bottle of wine. On the ground was a beautiful piece of art that his really good friend made for us. The art work said "as for me and my house we will serve the Lord". We will have it hanging on our wall no matter where we live! The wine was from a wedding Luke was in over three years ago. They gave him the wine as a favor and God told him to keep it for the night that he got engaged. 

If all that was already amazing, Luke had a bucket of water on the floor and had me sit on the couch as he washed my feet as a sign of how he is going to serve me as a husband for the rest of our lives. It was the perfect end to a perfect day!!! I am so in love. 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. OMG! so cute =) im so excitd to see where God takes you both in this relationship together!! <3 God is so good!!! AMEN to the story you guys are beggining =) !!! (((SO excited for you guys!!!!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encouraging and inspiring to our culture of the intended love story God wants for his children! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How touching! Your engagement night is one you'll always remember. I'm so glad it was special for you all. It's so amazing to finally find our best friend in life. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete