Saturday, December 28, 2013

Merry Christmas from India


Well I got woken up by my roomie Grace with a shout out MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! As cute as it was, it was early and I didn't sleep well. I responded with a very quiet Merry Christmas. lol She seems like she was the kid at home waking everyone else up at 5 a.m. saying ITS CHRISTMAS, TIME TO OPEN PRESENTS!! Apparently I was right! lol

We started our morning as usual with 7 a.m. stretches on the roof. There is a rule during jumping jacks, that if you say the last number we have to start all over. For example: if we do 20 jumping jacks we would only say 19. Don't ask why I think its a Korean thing. When we started a week ago we began with 10 jumping jacks and have worked our way up. Today was 40. Due to the fact that Dan Kimm said 40 meant we did another 40. Starting the day off with stretching and 80 jumping jacks!! Amen 

We went to the local church and sang a few songs and performed a skit that we made of the birth of Jesus. Yeah...about that..maybe ill post the video one day for you all to witness the lack of talent we have. Either way it was hilarious and we had fun. The pastor really enjoyed it. The church was doing their Christmas celebration and we were lucky to be apart of it. They sang songs, had cake, and just enjoyed themselves. There was a time of prayer at the end, which is always good. What better way to celebrate the birth of Jesus then praying for people!!! It beats opening presents any day of the week. 

We spent the afternoon worshiping, reading the word, and just being family. I had a little bit of a melt down this morning. Not because I was going through anything but because a few people here are having a really hard time being away from home. When people I love are hurting and there is nothing I can do about it, it breaks my heart. All I can do is be there for them but it just doesn't seem like its enough. I just want to take their hurt away. 

Our afternoon got a little hijacked. We spent a bunch of time praying and interceding for our families, mainly our mothers. So mom you should have woken up feeling loved and at peace. We were hijacked to go to our neighbors here to pray and celebrate a first birthday. It was really random. Didn't really like the fact that we didn't have a choice but to go, no one spoke good English, and the house had shrines to different Gods. Good thing my God is greater than anything. We only stayed for 10 minutes. They were very welcoming and nice. Still it didn't sit right with me. When we got back to our house I knew it was because of my protective nature. How there wasn't much we could do and there was a photographer taking pictures. We had a great time of prayer afterwards that helped a lot. 

Our evening was spent at a near village. We had an outdoor event where we sang songs, performed our amazing Christmas play and one of the local evangelists did some magic tricks. The Gospel was preached and the purpose of Christmas was shared. We prayed for a bunch of people after the event was over. Two people were saved and one person was healed!!!! Amen 

I am so tired but it was truly the best way to spend Christmas. Hope you all had a great and blessed Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment