Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Years


I can sum up my 2013 in one word, redemption. God has redeemed so much in my life this past year. He started healing my brokenness about two years ago. I knew I was forgiven and that I want to live my life differently, but this past 4 months He has really shown me that my past isn't who I am. I am who He says I am and He sees me as pure and spotless. My head knowledge of his redemption became heart knowledge. I used to think that because of my past I didn't deserve as much as I could have if I chose to live a better life. God has really shown me that because of who I am in him, I deserve the best He has to offer me. Not just with my personal life, but also desires of my heart that I had forgotten about.

I had forgotten how to dream big. Its hard to dream big and pray big when you feel like you deserve so little in life. Knowing my identity is in Him and only Him, it allows me to not hold anything back. I pray the big things and the little things. I pray about what He wants me to do with my time during the day, I pray about what He wants me to do when I get home, I also pray about the ministry that He has for me. Nothing is too big for him, but He also cares about the little things on our hearts and mind. 

Looking ahead to 2014, I cant wait to see what He has in store for me. Obviously I have a few things I'd like to see take place this year but I am daily laying them at His feet. I want what He has for me and my life and nothing less! I want to see my entire family saved and walking with the Lord, I pray that this year will lay the foundation for the ministry that He has for me, I want to be used mightily for His kingdom this year (and every year). I don't make new years resolutions because I think they are pointless, I do the same thing I do everyday. I pray and ask God what He has for me. This time its for an entire year. lol 

Past new years I would celebrate by going to a bar, going to a house party, or just being stupid. Last year I worked 16 hours, got home, had a glass of wine while watching a little bit of the one thing conference, then went to be by 10:30. I had to work at 7am for another 16 hours. What can I say I loved my job and the people I worked for. Only thing I would have rather done would have been actually being at the one thing conference. For those of you who do not know what the conference is, go to Ihopkc.org and look up the onething conference. Its free, its amazing, it will change your life!!!! 

New years in India was absolutely amazing. Its still doesn't feel like its January. Its -8 degrees back home and its 87 here. Not rubbing it in, just stating a fact. We changed our daily schedule a little bit due to new years eve. Our morning and afternoon schedule was the same but after dinner we switched things up a bit.  We spent time as a team going around and giving our testimony for 2013 and what God really did in our lives. Then had a time of praying and prophesying over one another. It was great! I want to do that every new years no matter where I am or who I am with. Around 11pm we spent time with Akka and our cooks and prayed over them and worshiped all together. We worshiped up to new years, wished each other happy new years and took communion as a team. It was the best New Years I have ever had. Akka made fresh grape juice, and we bought bread and the local market. Wow is all I can saw. Our neighbors set off a bunch of fire works which made me miss home a little bit, but I am 100% okay being here. I am excited to see how God is going to move here in India for the 8 weeks I have left here, and what He going to do in my life when I get back home. 

Happy New Years from India!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. You have a gift for words I've never seen in you before, Tiff. And a gift for ministry. This blog, as limited as it may seem, since you don't get to see faces and touch hands, has the potential to be a powerful ministry.
    I'm so proud of you and of what you're doing. I look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete